Saturday, February 19, 2011

Social Media = Job

In every mass communication class I am constantly bombarded with the communication process. I am informed, and re-informed, how each part of the process is important from the sender to the noise to the receiver. Yet I must say, the channel, way in which a message is sent, intrigues me.

Today social media plays an important role in the communication process. It provides a newer outlet for a message to be sent. Internet sites such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube are filled with millions of messages.

So why is social media so important for students to learn? It can be a deciding factor in job or internship interviews. Social media knowledge and expertise will easily place one candidate over another.

Even Ashton Kutcher, a twitter god, is hiring. He is looking for "the best social network and Facebook and Tweet virtuoso." The job pays $50,000, so check out the video below.





Let me leave you with an article I recently came across, Why Using Facebook and “The Twitter” Aren’t Enough. PR is the Fuel for Social Network’s Marketing Engine.

I found the article fascinating for three reasons:
  1. The author tells how to use social media, for business needs, with only two suggestions.
  2. Betty White is referenced as being more meant for Facebook than businesses.
  3. One of my latest favorite people to quote, Zig Ziglar, is quoted.

Let me know what you think and feel free to share your own tips.


Inspiration: Ashton Kutcher

No comments:

Post a Comment